On Thursday, the Clint ISD Board of Trustees approved the 2019-2020 compensation plan at their regular board meeting on July 18, 2019.
The starting salary for a teacher with 0 years experience will be $52,526 for the incoming school year.
Clint ISD teachers will receive a pay increase as follows:
- 4% – 0 years of experience
- 5% – 1-5 years of experience
- 6% – 6+ years of experience
All other staff will receive a pay increase of 6% from the midpoint of their pay schedule. Also included in the plan is a 6% increase for all pay schedules which will increase the minimum, midpoint and maximum pay.
The substitute pay schedule was also increased. A degreed and Texas certified substitute will now earn $110 per day, a $10 increase. All other substitutes will receive a $5 increase per day.
Additions and increases to the stipend schedule include:
- Orchestra – $5000 for high school and $3500 for middle school. This is a new program to Clint ISD
- Elementary Cheer – $500
- Robotics – $1000 for high school, $800 for middle school, $600 for middle school assistant and $600 for elementary
- Increase intersession pay for certified teachers to $40 per hour
- Increase the Health Science stipend to $6000, an increase of $2000
- Travel stipends will be rolled into base salary
The compensation plan does include House Bill 3 compensation requirements and provides all employees with a percentage increase maintaining a highly competitive salary schedule.
The estimated budget impact is approximately $4 million.