With Spring just around the corner, many resident’s thoughts turn to the parks and green spaces of the High Desert.
On Wednesday, January 16th, the City of Horizon released information and updates on upcoming parks and meetings about those projects.
The first meeting regarding Horizon Mesa Park was held 23rd of January, with the second meeting about Golden Eagle Park to held on the 31st of January. Details of the locations are below, and community members are asked to attend to share their thoughts about the upcoming projects.
Golden Eagle Park Design
Project concepts available online.
Bidding & Construction
- Bidding/Advertising – second quarter 2019
- Construction Start – late spring 2019
Horizon Mesa Park Design
- Advertising: June 27 and July 5, 2018
- Statements of Qualifications Due: July 18, 2018A/E
- Selection Committee Meeting: July 24, 2018
- Council Award: October 9, 2018
- Design – Fall/Winter 2018
Ranchos Desierto Bello Park
- Update design and project estimate – Fall 2018
- Advertising & Bidding Construction – November 2018
- Award – January 2019
- Construction – Spring 2019
Updated schedule allows for turf planting in early spring, when more options are available to the City.
Corcoran (Corky) Park
- Advertising: July 18 and 25, 2018
- Statements of Qualifications due: August 8, 2018
- A/E Selection Committee meeting: August 14, 2018
- Council Award: December 2018
- Design: Spring 2019